I Luv Suits Pokers, also known as I ♥ Suits, is a proprietary variation of the Poker Game High Card Flush developed and distributed by Game Developer Shuffle Master.
I Love Suits uses the majority of the High-Card Flush ruleset, with a few additions that distinguish the game from its mainline counterpart.
How to Play I Luv Suits Poker?
I Luv Suits Poker is played using a single copy of the Standard Anglo-American 52-card Deck.
Players must make an Ante wager. This wager should conform to the casino’s listed betting minimums and maximums.
Once each participating Player has made their Ante wagers, the Dealer will dispense seven cards to each Player and themselves.
The Player’s Hand
From these seven cards, Players attempt to form the longest Flush possible. After the cards have been dealt, Players are given two options: Bet or Fold.
Betting Players have their wager limited by the strength of their Flush.
- Players that have a Flush of four cards or less may only make a wager equal to their Ante.
- Five-card Flushes are allowed a 2x Ante-Value wager.
- Six-Card Flushes and higher are allowed to make a wager equal to 3x their Ante.
Players are not required to make a 2x or 3x bet, even if they can do so.
Betting Players, after making the appropriate wager according to their Flush’s length, will continue into the Showdown.
- In the Showdown, they will compare their Flush against the Dealer’s.
- Players with a Flush-Length greater than the Dealer’s win 1:1 on their Ante and Bet wager.
- If the Dealer’s is greater, then the Player shall surrender their Ante and Bet wagers.
- If the Player and Dealer have Flushes of the same length, then their high-card shall be compared.
- If the High Cards are the same rank, then the Players Ante and Bet shall both push.
The Dealer must qualify with a Flush of three cards, of which the High Card is 9 or greater. If the Dealer does not qualify, and the Player wins, then the Player shall automatically have their bet pushed and receive a 1x payout for their Ante.
Although the game itself is very simple, I Luv Suits offers a number of bonus payouts as a Shuffle Master game.
Shuffle Master often employs Bonuses as a measure to increase the House Edge as compensation for games with a naturally low or near-even House Edge.
These bonuses will be explained in the section below.
Payouts and Side Bets
There are four different bonuses offered by Shuffle Master. These are the Flush Rush, the Super Flush Rush, the Cover All, and the I Luv Suits Progressive Jackpot.
Flush Rush Bonus
The Flush Rush is the simplest of the Bonuses. Players receive a payout for a Flush of at least four cards. The longer the flush, the higher the payout. Below is the Paytable:
Super Flush Rush Bonus
The Super Flush Rush does not demand much more explanation. In the Super Flush Rush bonus, Players are attempting to form the longest Straight-Flush possible. The Paytable follows here from highest to lowest:
Cover All Bonus
The Cover All Bonus is an interesting bonus offered on multiple different Shuffle Master/Scientific Games products. The Cover All Bonus pays out based on two factors, the number of Players sitting at the table (which decreases the likelihood of achievement) and the quality of the meld formed.
There is no one payout table, as the Bonus is quite dynamic. It changes payout based on the number of Players, as well as live changes made by the casino. A Paytable will be provided by the House if the Cover All is offered.
The Cover All will pay out based on Poker melds formed in the Player’s seven-card hand. The higher in the ranking the Poker meld, the higher the Payout.
I ♥ Suits also often participates in a Progressive Jackpot backed by the casino. The Progressive pays out, like all other Progressives, based on the total value of the Jackpot. This Jackpot increases as Players participate, with some of their wager going towards the total Jackpot. The following is the Progressive’s paytable:
|Seven-Card Flush||100% of the Jackpot Value|
|Six-Card, Straight Flush (Containing at least 1 Ace)||100% of Jackpot Value|
|Six-Card Straight Flush (Containing K-7 Kicker)||20% of Jackpot Value|
|Five-Card Straight Flush||$200|
|Four-Card Straight Flush||$50|
|Three-Card Straight Flush||$3|
I Love Suits Rules
In short, the game rules are as follows:
- Players are dealt seven cards and attempt to form the longest Flush possible.
- The Dealer must qualify with a three-card Flush that has a 9 or higher inside of it.
- Players can make incrementally larger wagers on the Bet if their Flush is long enough.
- If the Length of the Flush is the same, the high card is compared. If the high card is the same, the hand is pushed.
Suppose that you are dealt the following seven cards:
8♦ 3♥ 4♦ 9♥ 7♦ K♥ 8♠
There are two possible flushes to play here. The ♦’s or the ♥’s. However, one of these Flushes is better than the other, even though they are both three-card Flushes.
The ♦’s (4♦ 7♦ 8♦) have an 8 high-card, but the ♥’s (3♥ 9♥ K♥) have a King high-card. If the Dealer qualifies at the minimum level, with a Three-card Flush, with 9-High, then the Diamonds Flush will lose.
In the same scenario, the Hearts Flush would win.
Below you can find some actionable I Love Suits strategy tips:
- Raise with any 4-card flush or higher. Going for the higher hand is advantageous with 4 suited cards already.
- Fold any 3-card flush 8-high or lower. Hands like 7-5-3 have negative expected value and should be folded.
- Consider offsuit cards with 10-high 3-card flushes. Having additional high cards like J, Q, K improves the value of a marginal 10-high flush.