- Completely free, we will never charge you anything.
- Downloading is not need, just play in your browser.
- Full screen option for every Mahjong game.
- Play Mahjong on both desktop and mobile phone.
- Comment section to discuss strategy with other players.
Why Play Mahjong at Cool Old Games?
It is good to know that there are two types of Mahjong.
- The more complicated traditional version played with four people. Very popular in Asia.
- Mahjong Solitaire type games. Popular on the internet and in the West.
Cool Old Games offers the second type. Let us give you some quick instructions on how to play:
- The goal is to eliminate all (144) tiles from the board by pairing them up until no more remain.
- The tiles begin arranged in stacks with their decorated sides face-up, often with multiple tiers visible at the start. Different games can have different layouts.
- You can only remove matching pairs of tiles at a time, gradually revealing lower stacks as you make matches. Tiles can only be matched if they are not locked. The definition of locked differs for each specific game.
- To win, you must empty the entire board of tiles by pairing them all up before the timer runs out, which is usually around 10 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which free Mahjong games can I play?
We offer different versions of the game like classic Mahjong Solitaire games, and Shisen-Sho (Mahjong Connect). We also included more modern takes on the game with 3D featured for example.
Be aware that as of now the collection is still small. However, we will constantly be adding new games. If you have any special requests for a specific game to be added, feel free to send us an email at email@example.com
I would like to enlarge the game on my screen, how?
Once you are on a game page, simple scroll down a little bit. You will see a white menu right under the game which has a “Full Screen” button and icon. Just click this and you are good to go.
Do I need a specific device or install a program to play?
No, the games are built with modern technologies and will work on any device, both computer and mobile. The only thing you need is a browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari.
What to do when it look like there are no moves left?
First of all, keep calm and scan the layout carefully row by row. If you really are not able to find a move, use the “Hint” or “Shuffle” buttons if they are available for that specific game.
How long does an online game of Mahjong take
That completely depends on the game! Some give you 10 minutes, others 8, etc. Some even have no time limit at all.