Information About Mahjongg: Age of Alchemy
The original Mahjongg: Age of Alchemy, but remastered as an HTML5 game! This means better graphics and smoother gameplay. It will also work on all your devices, both desktop and mobile phone.
- Play for free: no subscription or fees required.
- No download: there is no need to download or install Mahjongg Alchemy. You can simply play in your browser.
- Fullscreen mode: use the Cool Old Games “Fullscreen” button below the game to enjoy the game on a bigger screen.
- Updated graphics: HTML5 instead of Flash resulting in a more beautiful game.
We love the look and feel of the tiles in this game.
The object of the game is to remove tiles by clicking on two that match.
Tiles that are available to be selected are called free tiles. These are uncovered tiles that have an exposed edge on either the left or right side.
For each game played, there are five different sets of tiles to choose from. The tile sets can be changed during gameplay. The tiles are either blue or gold and all have their unique icons, mostly related to historic alchemy.
Different tiles have different point values, as you can see below:
|Tile Name||Point Value (high to low)|
|Dragons (Black, Blue, Green)||5|
|Moons and Suns||4|
|All of the Tools (1-9)||3|
Before the game starts it tells you which tileset/pattern you are about to get. During play, you also have the option to change to a new tileset if you like.
As already mentioned above, each tile has a score associated with it. This score is kept at the top of the screen. Next to the score tracker, you will find a time tracker.
There also is a menu button. This menu will give you four options:
- Turn the sound on or off.
- Change the view to perspective (standard) or front (from the top).
- Help: a few rules.
- Quit: go back to the main menu.